The Rainbow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Documentary: Being Bipolar

2 posters

Go down

Documentary: Being Bipolar Empty Documentary: Being Bipolar

Post by SabrinaDawn Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:52 pm

Notes/Discussion: Being Bipolar

So I will write things as this goes on...
Philippa Perry who is Psychotherapist on this reminds me of Cruella De Vil. Just randomly putting that out there. She is interviewing the following people.

Introducing the following...

Paul
Has a split personality Paul and Yale. Yale is very eccentric. His other personality thinks hes a god. When Business related Paul has always been correct. Paul was a multi millionaire. Paul introduces the viewers to his Mum. Paul says he wouldn't want to exist if he didn't come first and becoming second is as bad as coming last and he'd rather die. Paul has spent 6 months in a psychiatric since Philippa last saw him she says that she found him intimidating at times and now has been informed that Paul has now got added depression to his Bipolar disorder.
Philippa shows Paul the footage of their last meet and he said that he was completely off the chart and as delusional as he could get....Paul was chain smoking and had legal highs.
Paul feels down but hes slowly bouncing back. Paul is no longer deluded but even in his sanity he has an all or nothing outlook.

Sian
Has obsessive disorder and the world she live in is amazing apparently until she crashes and then it can turns around and she wants to die. Hyper to Depression.
Brain chemical changes is what the Doctors have put it down to in Sian's case. Sian generally thinks that she was born with Bipolar genes...She is told it is not genetic. Genes and a background story can cause Bipolar.
Sian thinks that it stems from being a little girl that was lost that nobody understood. She is going to try psychotherapy. The outcome was that it went really well and that shes having a start of a moment that will be the end of it and she thinks it will transform her.  

Ashley
Elision to crippling lows several times a day. One minute hes really happy and on a high the next hes spirals into a deep depression and can't move or speak when having a depression episode. Ashley can't tell if it is a voice or a thought that goes through his mind. Seems like he may have traces of Autism.
Ashley has had these episodes since he was around 12. Since a baby hes found it hard to interact and shew signs of Autism.
Ashley was badly bullied at school and even received physical bullying.
He feels like his life is in danger, and things that upset him can bring on episodes of depression.
Ashley has tried 7 different therapists and feels that he can never find someone he can communicate with on his wave length.
Ashley has recently formed a band, which is a positive but during a band session Ashley takes the turn for the worse and finds himself going into a paralyzing depressive spell and tries to get himself out of it and succeeds.
No drugs have solved his problems. Ashley tries his hardest to keep himself calm, and he does succeed on many occasions.

Dr Joannna Moncrefe (excuse the spelling) has explained that there is no evidence that Bipolar is caused by a Chemical imbalance. The drugs to help Bipolar sedate so work well in calming down and can dampen emotions.

Bipolar should make you want to discover yourself rather than you have your diagnosis at that's the end. Philippa said a good quote during filming this documentary about Sian in particular.
'Let emotions work for you, instead of being a slave to your emotion.'

All in all a very interesting documentary full of lots of information and scenarios which are very different from each other.
SabrinaDawn
SabrinaDawn
Admin

http://http://theworldofsabrinadawn.bravesites.com/

Back to top Go down

Documentary: Being Bipolar Empty Re: Documentary: Being Bipolar

Post by Hlinfield93 Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:04 pm

SabrinaDawn wrote:Notes/Discussion: Being Bipolar

Philippa Perry who is Psychotherapist on this reminds me of Cruella De Vil. Just randomly putting that out there. She is interviewing the following people.

Paul
Has a split personality Paul and Yale. Yale is very eccentric. His other personality thinks hes a god. When Business related Paul has always been correct. Paul was a multi millionaire. Paul introduces the viewers to his Mum. Paul says he wouldn't want to exist if he didn't come first and becoming second is as bad as coming last and he'd rather die. Paul has spent 6 months in a psychiatric since Philippa last saw him she says that she found him intimidating at times and now has been informed that Paul has now got added depression to his Bipolar disorder.
Philippa shows Paul the footage of their last meet and he said that he was completely off the chart and as delusional as he could get....Paul was chain smoking and had legal highs.
Paul feels down but hes slowly bouncing back. Paul is no longer deluded but even in his sanity he has an all or nothing outlook.

Sian
Has obsessive disorder and the world she live in is amazing apparently until she crashes and then it can turns around and she wants to die. Hyper to Depression.
Brain chemical changes is what the Doctors have put it down to in Sian's case. Sian generally thinks that she was born with Bipolar genes...She is told it is not genetic. Genes and a background story can cause Bipolar.
Sian thinks that it stems from being a little girl that was lost that nobody understood. She is going to try psychotherapy. The outcome was that it went really well and that shes having a start of a moment that will be the end of it and she thinks it will transform her.  

Ashley
Elision to crippling lows several times a day. One minute hes really happy and on a high the next hes spirals into a deep depression and can't move or speak when having a depression episode. Ashley can't tell if it is a voice or a thought that goes through his mind. Seems like he may have traces of Autism.
Ashley has had these episodes since he was around 12. Since a baby hes found it hard to interact and shew signs of Autism.
He feels like his life is in danger, and things that upset him can bring on episodes of depression.
Ashley has tried 7 different therapists and feels that he can never find someone he can communicate with on his wave length.
Ashley has recently formed a band, which is a positive but during a band session Ashley takes the turn for the worse and finds himself going into a paralyzing depressive spell and tries to get himself out of it and succeeds.
No drugs have solved his problems. Ashley tries his hardest to keep himself calm, and he does succeed on many occasions.

Dr Joannna Moncrefe (excuse the spelling) has explained that there is no evidence that Bipolar is caused by a Chemical imbalance. The drugs to help Bipolar sedate so work well in calming down and can dampen emotions.

Bipolar should make you want to discover yourself rather than you have your diagnosis at that's the end. Philippa said a good quote during filming this documentary about Sian in particular.

All in all a very interesting documentary full of lots of information and scenarios which are very different from each other.

Some people like the feeling that their episodes give them, like in that documentary for instance and as you've mentioned really.. they enjoy their manias because they feel as if it gives them a feeling of euphoria and when they feel like this it gives them the impression that they don't need looking after simply because they feel so great, they illness actually makes them blind to the help they need to a certain extent.. which in my opinion can be seen as a positive as they wouldn't be dwelling on their problems which would then sink them into a state of lethargy and depression. So in theory a bipolar episode could be seen as a remedy for their depression depending on whether it was a more positive one, definitely gives me a lot to think about in regards to my lectures Smile glad you enjoyed watching it. Stuff like this I think is a real eye opener xx
Hlinfield93
Hlinfield93
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SabrinaDawn Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:34 pm

Hlinfield93 wrote:

Paul

Sian

Ashley

Some people like the feeling that their episodes give them, like in that documentary for instance and as you've mentioned really.. they enjoy their manias because they feel as if it gives them a feeling of euphoria and when they feel like this it gives them the impression that they don't need looking after simply because they feel so great, they illness actually makes them blind to the help they need to a certain extent.. which in my opinion can be seen as a positive as they wouldn't be dwelling on their problems which would then sink them into a state of lethargy and depression. So in theory a bipolar episode could be seen as a remedy for their depression depending on whether it was a more positive one, definitely gives me a lot to think about in regards to my lectures Smile glad you enjoyed watching it. Stuff like this I think is a real eye opener xx

I generally find documentaries like this one very interesting. I agree but Bipolar is all about highs and lows. It is still not a very nice disorder to have, however like its explained. If diagnosed with Bipolar the person should explore deeper into their lives and face certain things that may of triggered it all in the first place, beginning to search to help yourself makes things a little more positive in more ways then one. Getting to know yourself as well as you possibly can really helps scenarios like these. It should be the beginning not the end. Smile Smile
SabrinaDawn
SabrinaDawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SabrinaDawn Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:35 pm

SabrinaDawn wrote:
Hlinfield93 wrote:

Paul

Sian

Ashley

I generally find documentaries like this one very interesting. I agree but Bipolar is all about highs and lows. It is still not a very nice disorder to have, however like its explained. If diagnosed with Bipolar the person should explore deeper into their lives and face certain things that may of triggered it all in the first place, beginning to search to help yourself makes things a little more positive in more ways then one. Getting to know yourself as well as you possibly can really helps scenarios like these. However Bipolar could be a way of dealing with trauma, which I think is the case in many cases. It should be the beginning not the end. Smile Smile
SabrinaDawn
SabrinaDawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum